Saturday, May 26, 2012

The North Alabama Railroad Museum

Over the long Memorial Day weekend, I loaded up the family to grab some photographs at the North Alabama Railroad Museum. These images were for a homework assignment, and they each received lots of praise from both my classmates and my instructor. The theme for the shoot was "lines". I had to capture lines in each image in a way that enhanced the image. Enjoy!

You simply can't take photographs at a railroad museum without getting the railroad crossing sign!
This is one of my favorite shots. I loved the colors, the textures, and the lines.
Of course, you can't really take a photograph using only one principle of design. I loved the lines in this image, but I was also captivated by the texture in the broken wood and the rusted rail line.
Want to make your photography more interesting? Lay on your belly and shoot what you see.
The rust stains on this car makes the train look like it was crying. I love the rainbow of time that is stamped across this whole boxcar.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I know what this is. I just know that I liked the way it looked in my viewfinder, so I shot it.
Another boarded up boxcar. Time has been unkind to these trains, but they still sit around and wait for people like me to take pictures of them.

As usual, keep an eye out for more of my images. Comment below with your favorite image, and why!

No comments:

Post a Comment